Posted Sun, 27 Mar 2016 02:18:53 GMT by Victoria Fernandez
Hello

I have the following doubt: It looks like if I want to model a culvert through a dyke, using the Mike 21/3 model, I would have to carve  the river bed in the bathymetric data of the embankment (see attached figure).  I think is not possible modelling the culvert without altering the scatter data. This would mean that if I want to model alternatives where I use 2  and 3 culverts, I would have to modify the bathymetry for each case and the resolution of my mesh has to be as low as the width of the culvert .

Am I understanding the process correctly?

Posted Sun, 27 Mar 2016 12:01:23 GMT by Alireza Vahidi
Do you have dimention of your culverts?
It might be better to model  ur culverts in Mike 11 and link it to Mike 21 by Mike Flood .
Posted Thu, 07 Apr 2016 13:17:12 GMT by Ian Boland Engineering Technologist
I'm struggling with the same kind of issue, so if you figure out a good way of doing this let me know! I've tried linking in Mike11 but can't get things to stabilize.
Posted Thu, 14 Apr 2016 14:54:56 GMT by Victoria Fernandez
Just to let people know that  I confirmed on my own that's how it works. THe culvert feature only models the hydraulic head loss caused by the culvert inlet, but you have to carve the opening in the scatter data.

I don't have access to other Mike licenses so I ended up carving the culvert opening
Posted Fri, 07 Apr 2017 07:42:54 GMT by yamcha
How is it possible to solve this problem only in MIKE21?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.