Posted Wed, 25 Feb 2015 10:05:56 GMT by Tijana Micic Vodnogospodarski biro Maribor d.o.o.
Hi.

I have a full 2D model and I would like to calculate discharge trough a cross section. The problem is, that the data file type must be (H,P,Q). My MIKE21 HD output file also contained surface elevation and now it doesn’t work for discharge calculation.

Is it somehow possible to calculate discharge in a cross section with this existing result file or I have to repeat the simulation?

Thank you for your answer.
Tija
Posted Wed, 25 Feb 2015 13:56:43 GMT by Michael Potthoff
Hej Tija

Simply make a copy of your result file and open it using the "Data Manager" (not the "Data viewer"). Then you should be able to delete the surplus item (Edit-->Items...-->Delete)
Posted Wed, 25 Feb 2015 15:35:50 GMT by Tijana Micic Vodnogospodarski biro Maribor d.o.o.
I've tried your suggestion. In »Data Manager« I couldn't find delete option under “Items”. Instead I open the file in “MZ Grid Series”, where I could delete this extra item, but M21 Discharge calculation tool still doesn’t recognize the file as right format, even though it now contains only H,P, Q.

Tija

Posted Thu, 26 Feb 2015 10:48:30 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi Tija,

The reason why it still doesn't work is because the dfs2 file also contains meta-data, which indicate whether the file has a valid format or not for the toolbox. So now that you have removed the extra items from the file, you need to edit the meta data, by following the steps below:

Open a MIKE Zero window and go to File \ Options \ Data Utility. From the new window, open your dfs2 file. Go to the 'Datatype and delete values' menu, and set the data type to 1, and save the file.

Now it should work.

Regards,
Mathieu
Posted Thu, 26 Feb 2015 13:34:22 GMT by Tijana Micic Vodnogospodarski biro Maribor d.o.o.
Now it works.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Tija

You must be signed in to post in this forum.