Posted Fri, 02 Mar 2018 11:17:17 GMT by Emanuel Isaksson
Hi,

I want to control a pumpstation in a mouse model. The pumpstation has three pumps and in a normal situation the three pumps "take turns" and only run one by one, and always in the same order. First pump 1, then pump 2 and then pump 3. They all have the same start and stop levels. How can I control the pumps so that they "take turns"?

Best regards Emanuel
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2018 22:29:30 GMT by beno171717
Are all the pumps the same size? (i.e. have the same pump curve)

If the pumps are the same and you one have one duty pump under normal conditions, then why would it matter what pump is running? As this is just a theoretical model.

Unless the pumps swap over mid pumping cycle?? :-\
Posted Fri, 03 Aug 2018 14:28:05 GMT by Brian Brenhaug Enterprise Water Systems Team Manager
Do you have the RTC module/add-on/extension?

Assuming so, I'll usually setup two actions for pumps:
[i]_DisablePump[/i] with a Start level of 9999 and Stop level of 9999
[i]_EnablePump[/i] with a Start level of 0 and Stop level of 0

I'll then setup the Controllable Devices to put one of these actions in play under some condition...so that condition could probably be flow in a link downstream of another pump, or based on the wet well levels, etc.

I come from the water side, so I feel conceptually I've had a hard time understanding Mike Urban's depiction of pump controls, but using this method I've found it a little more intuitive for me at least.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.