Posted Mon, 24 Apr 2017 10:54:43 GMT by Morten Olsen Aalto University School of Engineering
I am trying to model water quality with a ECO Lab template in MIKE URBAN, using the 1D engine. Initially i have to make the AD module work, before the ECO Lab template can be applied. So the following only concerns the AD module.

I am trying to attach polluting components to the DFW, defined in the network boundary conditions. I followed "7.4.7 - How to attach a pollutant concetration to a network load" in the CollectionSystem Manual. The polluting components have been defined under "AD Components" as well.

For some reason i receive following error:
"ERROR. Unexpected exception occurred. Please see log file for details. Exception message. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

It seems like a value is missing somerwhere (being <NULL> at the moment), but i have no idea where.
Have anyone experiences similair problem, and know how to solve it?

Thanks...
Posted Thu, 01 Jun 2017 15:45:48 GMT by Brian Brenhaug Enterprise Water Systems Team Manager
I've used AD in MOUSE (for tracing and age), but haven't used it in 1D. In MOUSE for tracing, I felt like I had to take the strategy of setting it up first just to do something very simple - like a single source trace - just to make sure I populated all the correct dialog boxes.

There's some more documentation in [i]MOUSE Reference Manual (Pollution Transport)[/i], in Section 22.2 around PDF page 108. Not sure if there's an equivalent in the Mike 1D manual, or if the MOUSE pollutant transport manual covers the AD part of 1D.

I'm not certain, but I seem to remember needing to add explicit water quality boundaries to each hydraulic boundary (e.g., where the water comes from in my model) even if they were zero, which is implied in the discussion in the pollutant transport documentation in the section on boundary conditions. You may have tried this already, but it may be helpful to make a super simple model with half a dozen elements to make sure it's working like you expect.
Posted Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:40:04 GMT by Brian Brenhaug Enterprise Water Systems Team Manager
Oh, just had another thought...if you haven't tried the Water Quality section of the Project Check Tool, it may provide some insight...

You must be signed in to post in this forum.