Posted Fri, 02 May 2014 14:10:01 GMT by Robert Elfving
In the Editor view, Nodes, Identification & connectivity, there is a field "Links:" that is automatically calculated and shows # of links connected to this particular node. Where does this information come from? Is it something ArcGIS calculates and is it stored in the Geometry / topology somewhere? When I hover the mouse over it it just shows "-", i.e. it doesn't seem to be stored in any of the MIKE URBAN tables.
Posted Tue, 06 May 2014 15:08:55 GMT by Thomas Telegdy
As far as I know, all the fields showing "-" are computed on the fly, based on the topology built by MIKE URBAN. Hence I don't think there is any field in the database populated with the number of links connected.

This is similar to "From node" and "To node", which are not stored in the database. (However the error checking tool will append static fields with this information.)
Posted Tue, 27 May 2014 20:05:42 GMT by Henrik Loecke
Hi Robert

The upstream and downstream node will be stored in the msm_Link table after running the Project Check Tool. You can generate a list of downstream and upstream links for each node by running the following two SQL statements in the Query Design (SQL view) editor in Access. They must be run separately.

SELECT msm_Node.MUID, msm_Link.FROMNODE
FROM msm_Node INNER JOIN msm_Link ON msm_Node.MUID = msm_Link.FROMNODE;

SELECT msm_Node.MUID, msm_Link.FROMNODE
FROM msm_Link INNER JOIN msm_Node ON msm_Link.TONODE = msm_Node.MUID;

Regards Henrik Løcke

You must be signed in to post in this forum.