Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:45:52 GMT by Stefan Hülmeyer
Hi,

1.) I would like to see in 2D-view simultaneousely the isolines of hydraulic head of two aquifers (different potenzials).
Is this possible?
2.) I would like to see the head-difference between theese two aquifers using the user Data/nodal expression. Is it possible to make an expression like "head(slice_y) - head(slice_x)"?

Thank you for helping me!

Best regards

Stefan
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:54:43 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
1) You can copy the heads of one aquifer to another layer of a User Distribution and then show the head values and the values of the User Distribution at the same time.
2) Yes: Head-Head(Idx[sub]n[/sub]+No[sup]slice[/sup][sub]n[/sub]) will calculate the head at the current slice - the head at the slice below. Idx[sub]n[/sub] is the node index, nodes are numbered slice-wise, therefore adding the number of nodes per slice you'll end up one slice below. If more than one slice is in between you'll have to add/subtract a multiple of No[sup]slice[/sup][sub]n[/sub].

Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:20:06 GMT by JEROME PERICAT
hi Pieter,

I am interested by this topic.
I often make calculation depending on value of different slices.
I usually do it through arcGIS but I could save a lot of time  if I could do it direction in FeFlow.
In expression editor, I didn't see any acces to paramters to other slices and I understood that calculation can be done only parameters from the same slice.
Could you tell me more about it please
Posted Mon, 01 Sep 2014 09:07:40 GMT by Stefan Hülmeyer
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help!

Nr. 2) That's fine! "quick & simple"
Nr. 1) It doesn't work....When I copy head from one slice to a nodal distribution, add this to view components, then add the current head to view components and move to another slice then the nodal distribution always shows "no data range". What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
Stefan
Posted Tue, 02 Sep 2014 07:36:06 GMT by Chto
Hi Stefan,

have you selected all nodes of your FEFLOW - model before doing a copy & paste ?
You can do a complete node selection in the 3D - View and then press CTRL - A.
It should work then.

Bests Christian
Posted Tue, 02 Sep 2014 07:56:59 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Jerome,
The trick is in the brackets used in my example above Head(0) refers to the hydraulic head at the node with the index 0. As the nodes are numbered slice by slice and with the same order on all slices, you can access the node exactly one slice below by taking the number of the current node and adding the number of nodes per slice. Head(Idx[sub]n[/sub]+No[sup]slice[/sup][sub]n[/sub]) then refers to the head one slice below. You will find the node index Idx[sub]n[/sub] and the number of nodes per slice No[sup]slice[/sup][sub]n[/sub] in the list of available parameters on the right.

Good luck!
Peter

You must be signed in to post in this forum.