Posted Sun, 04 Oct 2015 10:21:04 GMT by Isabelle COSTAZ Chef de projets hydrogéologue
Hello,
I am currently working on a transport model. Flow and transport are transient.
I would like to know the amount of contaminant flowing through a specific vertical surface. For that purpose I have defined a first selection of elements that I use as the boundary-budget domain and a second selection used as a masking domain. I end up with a value of internal transfer flow using the "Subdomain boudary rate budget" but for each time step at a time.
Now, I would like to have this flow value for every time steps and not only for one time step at a time. The best would be to export these values automaticaly. I do not see any export option.
The Period budget would give access to this export option for all the time steps but it will not give me the opportunity to ask the flow through the surface (boundary domain) I have defined.
Is it possible to export the data I need ?
Thank you for your help.
Posted Tue, 13 Oct 2015 09:01:11 GMT by Björn Kaiser
If you define a Domain Of Interest (DOI) and a Masking Domain (MD) and if you additionally consider only parts of the DOI boundary that belongs also to the MD, then you take the interface between DOI and MD for the Subdomain Boundary Period Budget Panel into account. You need to activate this option within the Subdomain Boundary Rage Budget Panel before switching to the Subdomain Boundary Period Budget Panel.
Posted Mon, 02 Nov 2015 19:12:37 GMT by adacovsk
To build on this thread: I've tried exporting data from the Subdomain Boundary Period Budget ... See attachment. Problem is that there's no easy way to work with the delimiting in this file...
Posted Mon, 16 Nov 2015 03:05:54 GMT by Blair Thornburrow Technical Director – Water Resources
Agree - I've made this comment in the past.

Many of us use output files for post-processing and the formats exported from FEFLOW are unnecessarily difficult to work with. Please can there be a tab or comma delimited output option? This applies to POW files too!
Posted Wed, 27 Apr 2016 15:50:21 GMT by Rapheul Liu CUMT
Hi, I also wonder whether now there is possibility to export the rate budget datasets which can be handled more easilly, for example, excel files or other format spreadsheets? txt files are really time consuming...
Posted Mon, 02 May 2016 15:06:09 GMT by Björn Kaiser
Thank you for your comments. As you already indicated, FEFLOW does not provide a comma- or tab-delimited ASCII-based output or even an Excel-output of the subdomain budgets. Accordingly, intermediate processing is indeed required at the moment. An improvement of the subdomain budget output is on the FEFLOW wish list for further developments. Moreover, corresponding API functions for IFM development are also planned.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.