Posted Mon, 01 Dec 2014 10:52:33 GMT by Zeno Farina
Hi all,
I am modelling a BHE-array with many BHEs.
I would like to know if there is a way to invert the flow in the BHEs between summer and winter.
Example: during winter the flow in a BHE serie is IN -> BHE1 -> BHE2 -> BHE3 -> BHE4 -> OUT
In summer however, I would like the flow in the serie to go IN -> BHE4 -> BHE3 -> BHE2 -> BHE1 -> OUT
Is there a way to do this?
Thanks in advance for help!!
Zeno
Posted Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:35:39 GMT by Søren Erbs Poulsen
Bump. Did you find a solution Zeno?
Posted Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:04:43 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Most unfortunately, this is currently not possible. I fully understand that this is how many systems are nowadays operated, and most probably there will be even more of these installations. We've put this on the wish list, but I cannot promise anything yet in terms of timing.
Posted Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:06:16 GMT by Søren Erbs Poulsen
Thanks Peter. It can be implemented by means of an IFM module. We did this in an case study of a BTES (Brædstrup, Denmark). It works quite well when comparing simulated temperatures to actual measurements inside the BTES.
Posted Tue, 21 Apr 2015 14:51:50 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Thanks Soren. I guess that you're using the semi-analytic Eskilsson/Claesson method. With this, it should work perfectly fine through IFM. Applying the fully transient Al-Khoury approach, however, strictly speaking, the temperature values of the inflow / outflow pipes in the BHE would have to be switched when changing flow direction (which is not possible via IFM). Just changing the connection, the inflow pipe will stay the inflow pipe, rather than (as in reality) making the former outflow pipe the new inflow pipe. This will only affect the results during a very short period, though. So if you only switch seasonally, it should not pose a problem.
Posted Tue, 15 Feb 2022 16:05:32 GMT by HAIYAN ZHOU RESPEC
[quote author=Søren Erbs Poulsen link=topic=2314.msg5531#msg5531 date=1425290776]
Thanks Peter. It can be implemented by means of an IFM module. We did this in an case study of a BTES (Brædstrup, Denmark). It works quite well when comparing simulated temperatures to actual measurements inside the BTES.
[/quote]

Hi Soren,

I have similar problem. Can you please let me know the name of the IFM module? Is it a plug-in which can be obtained from FEEFLOW support? Thanks,

You must be signed in to post in this forum.