Posted Mon, 21 Nov 2022 19:22:56 GMT by Yonas Kevin

Hello : I'm new to ifm_contrib and wondering if anyone has solved the below error: I use the FEFLOW 7.5 version and the defualt ifm work well, but ifm_contrib. Although I changed the sys.path to try v 7.2 and 7.4, kernel shows only FEFLOW 7.502, hence couln't try the ifm_contrib with diffrent versions. Several people indicated this issue on github page, but not solution is provided there..I would greatly appreciate any support

Posted Mon, 21 Nov 2022 19:31:49 GMT by Yonas Kevin
Error Message
Posted Mon, 21 Nov 2022 19:38:01 GMT by Yonas Kevin
the title should read like " ifm_contrib not working with FEFLOW" v.7.5
 Post a reply
Posted Tue, 22 Nov 2022 12:49:11 GMT by Francesca De Gaspari
Hello Kevin,

are you using Python 2.7? If so, please note that ifm_contrib requires Python 3.5 or higher, as stated in the GitHub tutorial "Getting started with ifm_contrib (ifm_contrib/getting_started.ipynb at master · DHI/ifm_contrib (github.com)):

Installation

ifm_contrib can be run on

• Python 3.5 or higher. (Support for Python 2.7 is deprecated).
  • FEFLOW 7.2 or higher, Python SDK must be installed.

Please try to change your Python version accordingly and re-try. We tried on our machines with FEFLOW version 7.502 and it works:

C:\Users\...\Anaconda3\envs\py38_dhi\python.exe "C:/Users/.../OneDrive - DHI/FEFLOW Testing/scripts/API_general.py"
FEFLOW version:  7502
Finished!
Process finished with exit code 0

Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 08:29:01 GMT by Yonas Kevin

Thank you,  Francesca.

I tried all the possible python version 3.5 and above,  but  the ifm_contrib module can't be loaded. I installed python as regular, but not sure  the second requirment-  Python SDK . Can you tell me more about Python SDK ? where to downlaod and how to install it. I use the kernel version with Anaconda3 and the classic ifm works fine with 7.5.

Thank you again

Posted Mon, 05 Dec 2022 10:32:48 GMT by Francesca De Gaspari
Hi Kevin,

the Python SDK module can be installed with FEFLOW, be sure you activate this option during installation as shown below (you can always modify the installation at later times).

You must be signed in to post in this forum.