Posted Tue, 01 Apr 2014 20:45:44 GMT by Anwar Shami
I am a new user, so please take this into consideration. I am creating a dsf2 bathymetry file from xyz files. the "water" xyz file is in the "X Y Z" and the land polygon xyz file is in the "X Y 1 10" format. I was able to interpolate the data however the dfs2 table when opened is all empty.

can you please help me in this, i have been stuck for a couple of days now.

Sara
Posted Wed, 02 Apr 2014 05:16:17 GMT by Lee Cellyn
Hi,

Did you import the xyz file into the foreground?

Cellyn
Posted Wed, 02 Apr 2014 07:37:01 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi Sara,

there are 2 main issues that usually explain this problem:
1. the raw topographical data have not been correctly imported, because their coordinates have been abnormally converted: in that case, you usually don't see the light blue points on the map after importing the XYZ file. If that's the case, go to Background Management and remove the background data, and then import the file again: while selecting the file to be imported, make sure to specifiy the appropriate coordinate system in "Convert from:"

2. if you can see the light blue points in the background, the problem may be that you haven't selected them for use in the interpolation. To select them, you have to click once on the "Import from background" icon, then select the points (e.g. drag a rectangle), and then click again on the icon to finalise the selection. Then you can interpolate and export again the dfs2 file.

Best regards,
Mathieu
Posted Tue, 08 Apr 2014 22:25:20 GMT by Anwar Shami
Dear Mathieu,

thank you for finding my problem, I skipped pressing the import from background button for some reason.

Thanks again,
Sara

You must be signed in to post in this forum.