Posted Thu, 24 May 2018 08:11:43 GMT by Roberto Pérez Student
Good morning:

I am doing my master thesis and Im a new user of the program so I have some difficulties. I want to simulate which are the currents in a channel created due to tides. A have created a model with the mesh generator and a time series with the water level tide data. When I introduced this data in the MIKE21 FM i start the simulation but nothing happens. It stays 0% and nothing goes on. I am pretty desperate so any help would be appreciatted.

I have recorded a video showing what I do, its in Spanish but anyway you can properly see what I do and the problem that I have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebv7bj93f2E&t=400s

Thank you very much. Roberto Martínez
Posted Fri, 25 May 2018 06:50:23 GMT by Samuel Maselli Student
Hey Roberto

I have almost the same problem, I'm specifying a (constant) level boundary and there is no water coming out of it even if the level is 10m above ground. This appears very strange to me since such a boundary normally should make sure that transfer is happening - in and out of the domain. I guess that in MIKE 21 one should be using sources for this, but this seems a bit misleading when speaking of boundaries.

Let's hope that someone soon has an explanation for this!

Best regards,
Sam
Posted Mon, 28 May 2018 11:20:05 GMT by Christian Tomsu Germany
Hi,

you can try to set initial conditions, which are close to your initial boundary conditions.
Maybe, MIKE is more stable, if you have some wetted elements already.

Bests
Christian

You must be signed in to post in this forum.