Posted Thu, 05 Feb 2015 07:03:50 GMT by Soundararajan Gopiraaman Venkataraman
Hello Everyone,

Can someone help me. I am trying to insert two rectangular culverts each of dimension (3m X 3m) in HD model. The bathymetry at the culvert location is -3.4m MSL and the culverts are placed at an invert level of -3.4m.
I have inserted the culverts as per description in manual (i.e. perpendicular to flow direction). I have attached the snapshot of culvert location and its specification. Can someone take a look and help me with this?

Thanks & Regards,
Gopi
Posted Thu, 05 Feb 2015 07:10:58 GMT by Soundararajan Gopiraaman Venkataraman
Adding to my previous post:

I ran the model with the specified culvert configuration, the current speed is reduced drastically around 70% reduction. Is this realisitic?
Posted Fri, 13 Feb 2015 09:39:44 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi,

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your settings. However, since you have set the parameter 'No. of culverts' to 6, it means that you have actually inserted 6 culverts at each location (all with the same geometry of 3x3m). So you need to make sure that this is correct, since it's not what you described initially.

It is however not possible to say whether the obbserved effect is correct or not without knowing the hydrodynamic conditions. If you doubt that this is realistic, I'd suggest that you try for example to refine the mesh in the channels where you have set the culverts: having only two mesh elements across these channels is maybe not detailed enough to accurately describe the flow through these channels.

Best regards,
Mathieu

You must be signed in to post in this forum.