Posted Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:17:00 GMT by Vladimir Gonzalez
Hello.

I have a study area of 100 km2, and runoff data (hydrographs) and five stations for storms (hyetographs of precipitation).

With this information I built a hydrodynamic model, but now I want to add to this model rainfall data in flexible mesh MIKE 21; for comparison with data from gauging stations in the model output.

Regards.
Posted Tue, 14 Jul 2015 20:14:20 GMT by Ricardo Machado Student
Hi Vladimir,

What exactly is your question there? If you want to use precipitation rate as an input there's a submenu where you can set up the precipitation rate. It can be constant, time varying or time and spatially varying.

Best regards,
Ricardo Machado
Posted Tue, 14 Jul 2015 22:10:27 GMT by Vladimir Gonzalez
Hola.

Espero entiendas el español.

Yo tengo un modelo hidrodinámico con aportaciones de caudal por cuenca aguas arriba. Pero ahora deseo agregar información de precipitación producto de ciertas tormentas dentro del área de estudio.

Lo que yo quisiera es en una malla flexible, ingresar la información de lluvia. La cual varía espacialmente y temporalmente.

Tengo duraciones de tormenta menores a un día medidas en siete estaciones meteorológicas automáticas. La información en dichas estaciones se tiene en intervalos de 10 minutos.

Y no quiero ingresar la lluvia con una malla rectangular. Sino en una malla flexible.

Saludos...
Posted Wed, 15 Jul 2015 15:24:05 GMT by Vladimir Gonzalez
Yes, i want to use precipitation rate as an input with a flexible mesh.

This mesh must include the temporal and spatial rainfall information for each time interval.

I'm capable of build the mesh for a single value of precipitation, but can't do when precipitation has many intervals.

Regards.
Posted Fri, 17 Jul 2015 21:30:15 GMT by Ricardo Machado Student
Hello Vladimir,

Yes I understand Spanish but English is recommended for this forum.

I have never created a spatially and temporally varying rainfall map, however, I believe it is possible to do so using DHI's Shape2Mike tool. Have a look into it. You can download it here: http://www.dhigroup.com/download/mike-by-dhi-tools/generaltools/shape-to-mike-tool
If that doesn't work out maybe have a look at the MIKE ZERO's Toolbox. Maybe you can find something of use there.

I know in MIKE SHE it is fairly easy to create rainfall maps varying in time and space if you have the time series for each station, but MIKE SHE uses a square grid.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Best regards,
Ricardo Machado
Posted Sat, 18 Jul 2015 13:08:29 GMT by Alireza Vahidi
Maybe this can help you:
http://tips.dhigroup.com/default.asp?module=MIKE+FLOOD&ID=248

You must be signed in to post in this forum.