Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:29:18 GMT by Çağrı Karaman
Dear all,

I am using MIKE 21 FM for modelling flood in URBAN areas. I know that buildings should be excluded when generating mesh.
However, I try to define walls that have elevation values that should not be excluded in calculation and I want it behave as overflow structure. How to do it in mesh generator?

Thanks a lot.

Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:21:01 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi,

If you want to model an overflow structure, I think the easiest way is to only represent the ground level in the mesh (without buildings), and then add these overflow structures as "dikes". This kind of structure can be defined under the "Structures" menu in the MIKE 21 FM setup.

If that doesn't fit your needs, you can also represent the buildings with higher elevations within the buildings' extent : this solution may however require a longer processing time depending on the number of buildings. This can be achieved either by editing the scatter data in the Mesh Generator (use the dedicated icons from the upper toolbar) or you can create a mesh file without buildings, and edit manually this mesh file afterwards by opening it with "Data Manager".

Let us know if you need further explanations about these options.

Best regards,
Mathieu
Posted Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:26:04 GMT by Çağrı Karaman
Thanks Mathieu,

That helped me a lot.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.