Posted Mon, 05 Dec 2016 17:13:29 GMT by jalarcon
Hello all, Had a great time researching with this program! I have a quick question..how do I convert an output.dfsu to a text.txt format? I tried using the MIKE2txt tool, however it requires the output be converted to a grid series first.  But the grid series seemed to have some issues (the results show changes to the profile but the grid series shows no changes).  Is MIKE2txt the correct tool?
Posted Wed, 07 Dec 2016 09:06:00 GMT by Palle
If you open your dfsu file in data manager there is an export option in the tools menu.
Posted Mon, 12 Dec 2016 09:33:48 GMT by Francesco Ligorio Italy
Hi Palle,
I have the same problem of Jalarcon, but I didn't find the solution. If you know how, can you please write or show the exact procedure to obtain ASCII files from Mike 21 SW, in which every output file is a wave simulated? because I red more than one post about it, but I can fix this problem.
ps: we must consider that if we try to convert a .dfsu file into a .dfs2 , the tool isn't able to modify the number of grid point, that is very important when you want to maintain the resolution of the simulation also in the output.
many thanks
Posted Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:20:03 GMT by Palle
Which version of mike are you using?
I would right-click on the dfsu-file and open in data manager.
In DM you click on tools in the top menu, then on export, and you get the export gui.

Alt. you can use MATLAb to read the dfsu file, and do the analysis you need.
Posted Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:23:45 GMT by Francesco Ligorio Italy
it's an old 2007 version  :-[
Posted Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:26:39 GMT by Palle
Ahh, sorry I don't remember how things worked back then.
I would recommend an update for many reasons ;-)
Posted Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:42:27 GMT by Francesco Ligorio Italy
thanks Palle, I only need to manage a old output, to obtain ASCII files...I will try with a matlab procedure.
many thanks

You must be signed in to post in this forum.