Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 10:56:34 GMT by Aurelian
Hello everybody,

I have recived two mike11 models for two consecutive sectors of a river. I merged the network files manually using a text editor. The network file works just fine when I open it with Mike Zero GUI. I also combined the cross-sections files and I made the necessary changes in the Boundary and HD Param. files.

The problem is that I recive an error when I try to run the simmulation. It's a Mike 11 Engine error with this message: Access violation at adress 0000000000682B75 in module 'mike11.exe'. Read of addressFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF8.

I have to mention that this windows pops up when the process of "Allocate node cross sections (75639 Kb)"  is being started.

1. Did anyone face this problem ?
2. What exactly those processes do: a) "Allocate and assign grid (41113 Kb)" and "Allocate node cross sections (75639 Kb)" ?
3. Do you know another method to combine two Mike11 models ?

Thank you,
Aurelian
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 08:37:22 GMT by Torben Strange Jensen
Aurelian,

When merging two network files (or other ASCII based MIKE 11 input files for that matter), there is actually a small command-com based utility named 'PfsMerge.exe' included in the MIKE installation which can be used for this file-merging exercise.
The utility is located in the bin folder of the MIKE installation (typically; "C:\Program Files (x86)\DHI\2012\bin\PfsMerge.exe").

You will find a small description on how to use this utility in the MIKE 11 Users Manual; Section B.1 (Additional Tools)
In this description there is a small but important note and a link to the feature in MIKE 11 network editor which is named 'Number Points Consequtively'.
The file-structure of MIKE 11 Network file contains a numbering system of digitisation points in the model and a reference to these points when defining the river branches.
It is therefore utmost important to make sure, that there is no overlap of numbering of internal points in the files which is being merged as this will cause the branch-definitions to fail as there will be several points that has the same internal number-values in the NWK11-file.

You will therefore have to merge Network files taking into account these internal numbers.
Following this process and you should avoid the crash when loading a merged network-file:
[list type=decimal]
[li]Open the Network files which are to merged in MIKE Network Editor[/li]
[li]For each Network file, open the Network->Number Points Consequtively... and define a unique start number.
That is, Define a Unique start-number which for sure will not be include in any of the other files to be merged. (e.g. file 1 starts with number=0, File 2 stars with number=10000, File 3 starts with number=20000 etc...)[/li]
[li]After re-numbering, save each file individually before closing them [/li]
[li]After this process you can run the PfsMerge of the Network files (or do the manual merging if you like.)[/li]
[li]And you should now avoid a crash once you open the merged Network file.[/li]
[/list]

/Torben
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:19:34 GMT by Aurelian
Dear Mr. Torben,

Thank you for your response. I didn't know about pfsmerge.exe utility program and about that feature from Mike11 Network Editor called 'Number Points Consecutively'.

In fact, the first time I didn't do everything manually, I created a small program which adds an integer to all points number and after I combined all the elements into one file. So, I took care to avoid the overlaping of the numbering of internal points. Finaly, the network file worked very well. There was no problem with the network file itself, the problem occured when I tried to run the simulation file.

Anyway, after your message, I tried to start from the original files and I followed the steps you described above. The result is that the pfsmerge.exe gives the next message:
"
Loading xx.nwk11 ...
Error when opening xx.nwk11
Program Halt 1
"

So, thank you very much for your answer which responded perfectly to the third question, but I think I still have the first two questions unanswered:
1) Did you encounter this error: "Access violation at adress .... in module 'mike11.exe'. Read of address ...." ?
2) What exactly those processes do: a) "Allocate and assign grid" and "Allocate node cross sections" ?

Thanks and Regards,
Aurelian
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:19:03 GMT by mar
Hi,
I have the same problem, after pfsmerge.exe starting it appears a message:
"Loading xx.nwk11 ...
Error when opening xx.nwk11
Program Halt 1
"
I do not know what I am doing wrong. Could you tell me more about using pfsmerge.exe, please? What is right command? What could be the reason of this message?

I will be greatful for any advices.
mar
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 08:54:21 GMT by Aurelian
Hello,

Please find attached an example of how to merge two network files and two boundary files.

1. Change the extension of the attachment file from .txt to .rar.
2. Extract the folder on your computer.
3. Change the paths, in the pfsMerge.bat file, accordingly to your folder location.

Regards,
Aurelian
Posted Mon, 02 Sep 2013 10:51:15 GMT by mar
I'm very thankful for your example. It's working and I found out what I did wrong.

Kind regards,
mar

You must be signed in to post in this forum.