Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2013 20:52:52 GMT by SGV
Hi,

Does anyone know of a  technique to import several cross-sections (x,y,z from survey) into the M11 model and assign appropriate roughness?

Thanks.

Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2013 08:17:29 GMT by Torben Strange Jensen
Hi SGV,

The most effective option for creating multiple cross sections in MIKE 11 at the same time is to use the 'Import cross sections' function (import from ASCII) .
You find this option in the Cross section editor through the main menu: 'File -> Import -> Import Raw Data & Recompute' 
This option imports cross sections and calculates the processed data for cross sections as they are imported.
Alternatively, you can use the option 'File -> Import -> Import Raw Data'  which only imports data but does not compute processed data during that process.

An example file presenting the Ascii text-file format is attached to this post.
For further details and description of the file format, please refer to the MIKE 11 User Guide.

Resistance numbers for the cross section are defined in the third column of the 'Profile' section.
Type of resistance number (relative, Manning's n, Manning's M etc.) is defined by the first type integer number in the 'Resistance Numbers' section.

Happy modelling
Torben
Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2013 01:37:43 GMT by Ukyaw Ngwe Senior Technician (Catchment & Waterways)
Hi

The method I used is to import the .txt (raw data format) to cross section file.
To get .txt (raw data format) , prepare excel sheet xyz data row by row.
Create a macro to copy the data to another sheet (similar to section raw data file) chinage  by chainage.
Copy this arranged data to Notepad or wordpad and save as .txt and import to cross section file.

good luck
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 11:45:02 GMT by Péter Borsányi
Is there a way to automate the import-export procedure without manually opening the files in MikeZero and clicking the menus?

I'd like to generate a large number of xns11 files from one original by changing values of
  1. z of marker 2
  2. relative resistance(s)
  3. x of marker 1 and 3

My procedure would look like this:
  1. Convert (export) the original xns11 to ascii (txt)
  2. Look for and replace the original values with the new ones
  3. Convert (import) the new, large number of ascii (txt) files back to xns11-s

I would like to write this in a macro or batch file. So my question relates to points 1 and 3 above. Any ideas how could this be done?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.