Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2017 20:49:09 GMT by sishodia
Hi,
I have a coupled MIKE SHE MIKE 11 model and my MIKE 11 model receives water from MIKE SHE whenever there is a rain and overland flow. I was trying to simulate water capture in side reservoirs at some locations along the main branch whenever water flows above certain specified elevation. I was thinking to use "side structure with reservoir" option in MIKE 11, however, I wanted to fix the reservoir capacity and once it is filled to capacity the water no longer runs through the side structure even though the water level in MIKE 11 branch is above the specified elevation. I am not sure how to specify the parameters for this setting, i would appreciate any suggestions regarding how to achieve it.
Thank you,
Posted Tue, 09 May 2017 07:03:46 GMT by Aurelian
Dear sishodia,

My suggestion is to create a parallel branch with a few cross-sections on it, calculated so as to comply a specific H-V curve, if necessary. Anyway, you must also create a link channel which will transfer the water to the main branch when the specified threshould level is reached.

Please find attached two print screens with some details of a link channel where you cat set the threshould mentioned above.

Kind regards,
Aurelian

You must be signed in to post in this forum.