Posted Sat, 03 Feb 2018 09:44:40 GMT by Dat DOAN
Hello everybody,
I am building a model to connect main river and floodplain via link channel. Because I don't have any cross-section of floodplain so I created something for this by myself and when I try running MIKE 11 I received an error below here:
[b]Error no 69: At FLOODPLAIN 2: 0.000 meter, the calculated hydraulic radius is non-positive. The water level is 17.1 meter.[/b]
I tried to change the width of cross-section but not correct. I hope to will receive your help.
Thank you!
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2018 09:45:05 GMT by Aurelian
Hello Doan,

Have you checked the processed data for the cross-section located at FLOODPLAIN 2: 0.000 meter ? Also, there are some tips about how to set up the link channel. Can you provide more details about your project (purpose of the model, relevant print-screens from your Mike setup, why you was forced to made up the floodplain geometry or any other information to clarify the context and solve the error) ?

Kind regards,
Aurelian
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2018 18:47:44 GMT by Dat DOAN
Thank you for your help, Aurelian.
I solved my problem by expanding the cross-section for the floodplain. It seems to be too narrow to let water flow.
I hope I still will receive your help for my problem in the future.
P/s: I have a question: You are the member of DHI Czech who came to Polytech Nice and taught something about MIKE OPERATION for Master 2 students, don't you? I am one of them.
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2018 08:06:43 GMT by Aurelian
Hello Doan,

I'm glad that you fixed the error. Sure I'll try to help you and other Mike users in the future.

Regarding the last question: no, I'm not a member of DHI. I worked as research assistant at Technical University of Civil Engineering of Bucharest for many years and we used DHI software suit for activities such as hydrological and hydraulic modeling.

Kind regards,
Aurelian
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2018 03:42:47 GMT by Ivanmantilla
Hello,

I have the same problems with my cross sections in the flood plains. I tried to extent it but still I am getting hydraulic radios with zero values. Can I send it to you the cross section to analayze what is happening?

Regards,

Ivan Mantilla

You must be signed in to post in this forum.