Posted Wed, 07 Jan 2015 10:23:46 GMT by Arnaud Duranel
Hello
I have a question re the floodplain resistance tab in the hydrodynamic editor. From the Mike11 manual I understand that floodplain resistance values, either global or local, apply above the "level of divide" specified in the cross-section raw data editor (under "Morphological model"), whereas the bed resistance value applies below that level. However, in my case, changing the floodplain resistance (even by 2 orders of magnitude) does not change the river level at all, even though the river level is higher than the level of divide. I got the same result using a simple model with one branch, a few triangular sections (with default parameters) and a constant inflow: the floodplain resistance, unlike the bed resistance, has no impact on river levels, even when the river level is higher than the level of divide. What am I missing here? The level of divide has to be specified as level above the bed bottom, right?
Please note that I use Mike 2009.
Many thanks.
Arnaud
UCL Department of Geography, London
Posted Sun, 18 Jan 2015 00:56:19 GMT by Alireza Vahidi
Model it in Hec ras and then compare the results. Maybe the the manning number on flood plain does not effect the water level that much!
cheers,
Bspace.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.