Posted Wed, 17 Feb 2016 14:16:36 GMT by omoreira
Hi, I'm using Mike Urban 2011 and i have a situation when i try to do somethind with a selection, the point is when i select some accesorie to make a massive charge of data the program stop working and shows this

Posted Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:54:12 GMT by Brian Brenhaug Enterprise Water Systems Team Manager
Welcome to Mike Urban :)
Posted Fri, 19 Feb 2016 21:19:39 GMT by Brian Brenhaug Enterprise Water Systems Team Manager
Not sure exactly what the large task is you're trying to do, but here's some workarounds I go to when Mike Urban crashes while trying to do something with a large number of elements:

[list]
[li]If it's something just involving the tables, try using Microsoft Access, possibly using an Action Query of some type[/li]
[li]If it's something geospatial, use ArcGIS Desktop, it's a little more robust with large numbers of elements[/li]
[li]Compact and repair your database in Microsoft Access before attempting the task[/li]
[li]Close and re-open Mike Urban so the Mike Urban instance is fresh (at least in my experience, the Mike Urban process usually hangs when you exit, so go into Windows task manager, and kill it to truly restart from scratch)[/li]
[li]You may also be able to use the Import/Export tool's Advanced functionality to write some scripting to do what you want for certain tasks[/li]
[li]If you're ok with SQL, you may be able to use the Tools > General SQL Command... tool to directly edit the database (usually, Microsoft Access works a little easier if you're not too familiar with SQL)[/li]
[/list]
Posted Tue, 23 Feb 2016 20:23:08 GMT by Ricardo Machado Student
Hi,

I can subscribe to what bbrenhaugh said here "Close and re-open Mike Urban so the Mike Urban instance is fresh (at least in my experience, the Mike Urban process usually hangs when you exit, so go into Windows task manager, and kill it to truly restart from scratch)". Other than that I would be very careful about directly manipulating the Access database, although sometimes there might not be any way around it.
Be wary of special characters, they can make a lot go wrong very easily. As an example, I once had a " ' " in some name fields and it completely confused MIKE. If I recall correctly I had to erase that manually in the mdb file.

Best regards,
Ricardo Machado

You must be signed in to post in this forum.