Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 07:12:15 GMT by Hastin Widianingsih Universitas Tidar
Hallo, I tried running simulation MIKE+ but it always gives an error. First it says that: water level exceeded maximum on grid point(s). Larges exceed more than 1,0000 times than cross section height. And the error file says: 'HD_ERR_WLAboveMaxOnXS'. And when I decrease the height, it still says the same thing. what mistake did I do? Anyone have any suggestions? regards hastin
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 15:04:39 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi, This abnormal water depth detection is based on a ratio between the computed water depth and the cross sections' depth. If you have reduced the cross section's height, then this ratio becomes larger and then it's even more likely to get this error. In some special cases with shallow cross sections and under drowned conditions, it can be expected that the computed water depth will be significantly higher than the cross section's height. In that case the solution is to allow a larger ratio than 1. This is controlled in the 'MIKE 1D engine configuration' window. Note that your error appears in the first time steps of the simulation, so it can also be due to an instability, being the consequence of a significant discrepancy between initial conditions and boundary conditions (e.g. when applying a large discharge as boundary condition at the first time step, in an initially dry river).

You must be signed in to post in this forum.