Posted Fri, 12 Dec 2014 18:29:12 GMT by Ronald Brown
Has anyone had to add or modify the Spacial Reference/Domain in an existing project?
problem is when exporting to a shape file there is no projection file exported for this project.
I know I can export the project and re-import to a new project but I would lose all the Scenario's created in the original.
Suggestions??
Posted Mon, 15 Dec 2014 09:14:44 GMT by Ludwig Ehlert
Dear ronbrocoe,

you should be able to change the projection of your project with ArcGIS (ArcMap or ArcCatalog). Simply close the project in MIKE URBAN and open it in GIS. When opening the next time in MIKE URBAN it should work with the new projection.

//Ludwig
Posted Wed, 17 Dec 2014 21:28:59 GMT by Ronald Brown
When I open in ArcMap it tells me the is no coordinate system. I add the proper system and save. it saves to the Mike Urban Layout.mxd file.

The Mike Urban project still does not have this coordinate system when opened.

What am I missing? thanks Ron
Posted Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:47:56 GMT by Ludwig Ehlert
Hi Ron,

to change the coordinate system you need to do the following steps. Open ArcCatalog and search your .mdb file in the directory. Tha you double click on it and a list of features and tables will appear. Right click on mu_Geometry, and choose Properties. In the second tab of the properties dialog you can choose your coordinate system and enable the new choice with pressing apply. Saving of the .mdb won't be necessary.

Good luck

//Ludwig
Posted Thu, 18 Dec 2014 17:10:37 GMT by Ronald Brown
that worked
thanks
Ron

You must be signed in to post in this forum.