Posted Wed, 02 Jan 2019 03:26:51 GMT by ENUNG ENUNG
Hi..
I just used the mike she flow model, especially for flood analysis. I have a problem that overland flow does not enter the river. I have coupled the MIKE SHE and MIKE 11. Why does this happen? And what kind of solution?
Posted Wed, 02 Jan 2019 12:34:55 GMT by Douglas Graham
A couple of suggestions...
1. check to make sure you actually have OL flow. If your time step is too long, or your rainfall timestep is too long, then you might not be actually generating any ponding. OL will only pond if the amount of rainfall in the time step is greater than the amount of UZ infiltration.
2. If you can see that there is ponding beside the river and it is not getting into the river, then the problem is probably because the bank elevations in your x-sections are too high. Try setting the bank markers at the topography, or adjusting your x-sections elevations.
Regards,
Douglas
Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2019 02:48:47 GMT by ENUNG ENUNG
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I have solved the problem, but I have a new problem. The result of MIKE SHE Flow time series especially in detailed river time series, the result shows that at the beginning (approximately first sixty hours)  the hydrograph rises slowly as you can see in the attachment. Why it can be happen?what the solution for the problem?
I have the next question related to the base flow in a river. where I can input the base flow in MIKE SHE couple with MIKE 11 model?

Best Regard,
Posted Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:17:22 GMT by Douglas Graham
Hi,
first of all, the baseflow to the river is not an input. It is a result.
It is calculated based on the groundwater level adjacent to the river, and the time constant that controls the rate of exchange.
This leads to your first question about the rising flow in the river.
Without knowing more details of your model, my first guess is that it is groundwater slowly entering your river. The accumulated baseflow in the upstream river branches is slowly increasing the downstream flow.
Douglas
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2019 08:41:23 GMT by Morata
Thanks for the info

You must be signed in to post in this forum.