Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2018 15:46:09 GMT by Lawrence Sekaluvu PhD Candidate
Has anyone ever used the waterbalance tool in Autocal to do sub-catchment runoff calibration? I have tried included the waterbalance tool in the model sequence simulation in autocal and it seems not to work. Any ideas?
Thanks
Posted Tue, 06 Nov 2018 16:53:34 GMT by Elias Moussoulis
Hi,
I've never tried this in Autocal but it should be possible. I guess you need to run both extraction and postprocessing executables in a sequence, either directly or via a bat file e.g:
MSHE_Wbl_Ex.exe //apv My_WB_areas.WBL
MSHE_Wbl_Post.exe //apv My_WB_areas.WBL 1
MSHE_Wbl_Post.exe //apv My_WB_areas.WBL 1
MSHE_Wbl_Post.exe //apv My_WB_areas.WBL 2
In the above, the first command runs the Extraction phase of the water balance utility, while the subsequent commands run the Post-processing items in the water balance file. The number after the water balance file name indicates which Post-processing item to run. This is discussed in MIKE SHE User Guide, Section 3.5 (Using Batch Files) and more in-depth in Section 6.2 (Calculating Water Balances in Batch Mode).
Otherwise it is better to build up the autocal arguments step-by-step so that you ensure each argument is working as expected.
Hope this helps.
Elias
Posted Mon, 04 Feb 2019 13:48:58 GMT by Lawrence Sekaluvu PhD Candidate
I implemented these procedures in sequence within Autocal. I checked the log files and everything executed successfully. However, none of the items in water balance output file changed. It seems like the water balance tool was executing the results from the initial model run.
Posted Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:19:43 GMT by Douglas Graham
Hi,
make sure that you have included the "Extraction" as the first step after a simulation.
Otherwise, the water balance will also calculate based on the past results.
douglas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.