Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 13:15:19 GMT by sishodia
Hi,
I have a coupled MIKE SHE/11 model for a small agricultural watershed with UZ, SZ, OF components. While trying to apply the irrigation through vegetation properties file i am getting this error:

Programming error: Calling Mrotation_GetStartEndsScheme with an array that is not associated
Error : Timer UZ+ET is not on

The model runs fine if i specify a constant or time series irrigation demand in  irrigation demand dialogue but gives an error when i use the etv file. I have specified maximum allowed deficit values in the etv file during different crop growth stages but it seems that its having a problem in reading the values from file.

Also it gives another error while trying to use ponding depth (for paddy) option with vegetation file. It says that "irrigation requires input from vegetation database for demand calculation for following points..."

Since i have different crops in the watershed i am looking to use maximum allowed deficit option for one crop and ponding depth option for paddy crop. But it seems that the model is unable to read the demand values from the etv file.

Can someone please help me in understanding where the problem may be?
Thank you,
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 08:28:11 GMT by Oluf Jessen
Hi,
As you are getting an error ” Calling Mrotation_GetStartEndsScheme with an array that is not associated
Error : Timer UZ+ET is not on” I would recommend you to send the model to mikebydhi@dhigroup.com as errors should not occur. We would then have to look at the error. I have not seen this error before when using the vegetation database for the irrigation module, but I would suspect that the error has something to do with overlapping vegetation or gaps between the start and end of some of the vegetation types.

With respect to the ponding depth option from the vegetation file, I have used this option before and it should work. One of the issues could be if you have specified demand areas using the ponding depth option, but within the command areas there are crop types without irrigation data in the vegetation file. You should check if the vegetation data that are used all contain irrigation data in the vegetation file. If you are using polygons (from a shape file) to determine the command and demand areas the problem might occur if the shape file does not overlay completely with the grid using in the model and it might include a crop that you did not expect to be part of the demand areas. If you are able to pre process the model you should look at the pre processed vegetation types. Another option could be to try using the uniform option for both demand and command areas, and specify a single crop just to make sure that the option works.

Best regards
Oluf Jessen (DHI)

You must be signed in to post in this forum.