Posted Wed, 06 Apr 2016 11:00:06 GMT by Elin
Hi!

I’m a student that is working with Mike SHE and Mike 11 and is having a problem with AutoCal. When I try to auto calibrate the model, the Autocal runs 51 times before stopping at 9 % of the simulation. I get one simulation that is OK, the other fails. I don’t know how to solve the problem so that AutoCal can make more successful runs. I’ve tried to reduce the number of parameters and observations measurements to calibrate against, but to no result.  The model that I try to calibrate does terminate successfully. Do you know what else I can try, or what might be wrong? Also, what are the main factors controlling the simulation time of AutoCal?

Thank you!

Best regards
Elin

AutoCal message:

Evaluation of parameter set No. 48 initiated
Evaluation of parameter set No. 46 completed: FAILED - model run error
Evaluation of parameter set No. 49 initiated
Evaluation of parameter set No. 47 completed: FAILED - model run error
Evaluation of parameter set No. 50 initiated
Evaluation of parameter set No. 48 completed: FAILED - model run error
Evaluation of parameter set No. 49 completed: FAILED - model run error
Evaluation of parameter set No. 50 completed: FAILED - model run error
Evaluation of parameter set No. 4 completed: OK
Posted Sun, 14 Mar 2021 17:22:35 GMT by Sabin Paudel Actively seeking full-time opportunities in Water Resources | Hydrology| H&H Modeling
You probably had figured it out by now but still, I want to add my experience to it. I also had the same problem. It should be noted no. of simultaneous simulations should not be greater than the number of preprocessors available. So try reducing the no. of simultaneous simulations. Hope this helps!
Posted Thu, 18 Mar 2021 18:22:27 GMT by Spencer Whitman Grad Student
It might be that you are trying to use too many licenses at once.

It might also be some other issue related to parameterization or mass balance errors.

What you can do is look at the log files in the Setup_Process_n directory in your autocal setup directory, and see if the log file says why the simulation failed.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.