Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2018 04:05:45 GMT by Ajai
I'm having trouble creating a station-based rainfall distribution (grid codes)dfs2 or (polygons)shape file to give input for 'precipitation rate' in climate parameters. I have rainfall series data for different stations in excel format. I tried converting it into dfs0 time series format, but I wasn't able to do so. Fed up with that issue, I have created a new dfs0 file myself using my data. Now, how do I convert this dfs0 into dfs2 file format, so that I can give it as input for station-based (grid codes)dfs2 file. If not, how to create a (polygons)shp file for my input? Please help me. 
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2018 13:06:52 GMT by Douglas Graham
Hi Ajai,
The way it works, is that you
1. create a dfs2 map of grid codes with each code representing an area around each rainfall station.
2. From this map, the GUI will create one data tree item for each grid code.
3. Then, for each grid code item in the data tree, you assign a dfs0 time series.

So, you don't need to convert your dfs0 to a dfs2.
Hope this helps,
Douglas

Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2018 08:50:26 GMT by Ajai
Sir, thank you for the quick response. Could you elaborate on creating (polygon) shp file for the same input? I need to know the proper formatting of the data in excel file in order to convert it to the necessary polygon shape file using Arcgis.
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2018 10:59:43 GMT by Ajai
Sir, this attached excel file snapshots are my rainfall data for 9 stations in my model domain area. It has daily rainfall data of all those 9 stations for 14 years span (2002-2016). Is the formatting in proper order so that I can take this data and add it to my thiessen polygon using Arcgis and use the obtained shape file as input in Mike-SHE for station based precipitation? I've already created such a shape file and tried bringing it into Mike-SHE and errors such as shown in the attached snapshots were encountered.

Since I am an amateur in hydrology modelling using Mike-SHE, I'm having difficulties in creating the necessary input files in proper format that can be translated into Mike-SHE. So, I need an elaborate tutorial documents or videos to guide me step-by-step through creating the proper necessary input files that can be used in Mike-SHE. Could you please help me with that?
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2018 12:59:05 GMT by Christian Tomsu Germany
Hi,

to interpolate your station locations to polygonal area you can use the PRE PROCESSING TEMPORAL DATA tool from the MZ-Toolbox.
You can choose in which way your station information is interpolated, amongst other you can choose Thiessen polygons.

Maybe this helps to find the corresponding polygons.

Bests
Christian

Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2018 04:36:09 GMT by Ajai
Thank you, Sir. I was able to resolve the problem.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.