Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 20:33:16 GMT by Steven Murray Water Resource Engineer In Training
Hi I was wondering where documentation for the MShe_FlowThroughLine.exe utility found within the 'Bin' directory
of MIKE Zero might be found?

I've searched for mention of the utility in the various PDF documentation but found no mention of it. Running
the utility gives a very limited description of how the utility is to be used: "Usage MShe_FlowThroughLine -input-file [/Silent] [options]"
I've tried running the executable with some common help switches or flags such as '-h' or '/h' to try and obtain more detailed instructions
on the syntax and input this utility expects but those haven't produced any extra information.

Posted Tue, 06 Aug 2013 15:14:49 GMT by Bibi Gondwe
Hi.
Just had the same problem as you had. Like you I cannot find any documentation. But in the same bin folder there is a document entitled MShe_FlowThroughLine.pfs.

I followed the syntax provided there and tried it out for my own little case. Worked fine.

The grid code dfs2-file with the line which you want to calculate flow through, should be neighbouring cells of 1 and 2, where your line is the 1's and the 2's indicates the direction which the programme should calculate the flow through. I.e. it will calculate the flow from your 1's to your 2's. (Found that out 'cuz I first tried to make my lines just of 1's, and then got the error message "ERROR  : No pairs of neighbour cells with code 1 and 2 found inside the model area.").

In my case the 1-cells were located on some of the boundary cells (and the 2's of course within the model area), so that works fine, the 1's do not need to be *within* the model area.

Posted Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:10:19 GMT by Marcelo Lago Vice-President
As an alternative to MShe_FlowthroughLine.exe, you may want to try a more user friendly tool to compute the
lateral flows.

You can check the details at http://www.lago-consulting.com/lateralflows.html

You must be signed in to post in this forum.