Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2017 16:23:13 GMT by Ahrouch Samira
Hey there,
I will use the hydrological model NAM (in MIKE Hydro basin) and i couldn't find a tutorial which explains the steps to follow to have a complete model. On the other hand, i found many tutorials about NAM of mike 11.. I still didn't download the software so i am wondering if it is the same.
So is there any tutorial explaining the steps to build a model on NAM of mike hydro? Any type of tutorials might help ( text, videos...)
Thank you  :)
Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2017 13:32:07 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi,

Yes, it is the same NAM in MIKE 11, even though it is shown in a different graphical interface.

You can have a look at the MIKE HYDRO Basin manual here:
http://manuals.mikepoweredbydhi.help/2017/Water_Resources/MIKEHydro_Basin_UserGuide.pdf
It contains a simple tutorial, and also contains the detailed descriptions of the various NAM pages.

Mathieu
Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2017 15:38:06 GMT by Ahrouch Samira
Hi Mathieu,
thank you for your answer.
Actually i just realized that NAM is the same. It is implemented in many different modules so that its outputs could be directly used as inputs of these modules (for instance : NAM discharge series could be the input of the stream network on mike 11) and the same as in mike-hydro.
NAM could also be run independently if we are only interested in the hydrological modeling.

So now i got a new question : If i will be using mike-hydro to manage the water resource/plants in my catchment and at the same time i want to use the hydrological model NAM. should I obligatory do the calibration of the model using the interface of mike-hydro or just introduce the adjusted parameters (eventually obtained for mike 11 for example)? if you have any clues.

Thank you
Best regards
Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2017 12:22:47 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi,

Generally speaking, you could re-use the same parameters in MIKE HYDRO as in MIKE 11.

In MIKE 11, you can run your simulations with 2 simulation engines: 'MIKE 11 Classic' and the new 'MIKE 1D' engine. MIKE HYDRO River uses only the MIKE 1D engine.
So, if you were using the MIKE 1D engine in MIKE 11, then it's strictly the same engine which is used to compute results in MIKE HYDRO, so it's expected that you'll get strictly the same results.
On the opposite, if you previously used the 'MIKE 11 Classic' engine in MIKE 11, there could be some details which are implemented in a slightly different manner in MIKE 1D, so in this case there could be some differences in the results, and a new calibration from MIKE HYDRO would be useful. But it's likely that in many cases the differences will be very small.

Mathieu

You must be signed in to post in this forum.