Posted Fri, 04 Apr 2014 09:02:00 GMT by Jaromir Jakacki
Hello Dears,
I am new on the forum, so I apologize for any mistakes and doing something wrong. I also do not have a lot of experience with MIKE. But I am trying to help making 3d hydrodynamic model. The main problem which i see is to read dfs* files. People that use Microsoft windows has access to the matlab toolbox which uses Microsoft .NET. But i am Mac users and I am not going to switch back to Windows.
I am going to analyze the results based on Matlab or other Math tools which does not read dfs* files. So i have one question: is there any converter of the dfs* file to more popular format like in example netcdf. Or are any tools in fortran/c that reads dfs files correctly?
thank you in advance fo any help, with best regards,
jaromir

Posted Fri, 11 Apr 2014 12:14:00 GMT by Vianney Courdent
Hi Jaromir,

You need to use .NET oriented programming languages to access/manipulate dfs files (C#, IronPython ...). When you have access to the data, you can store them with the format that as you want.
Their is example on how to programming script as well as manuals to describe the dfs structure in the "MIKE SDK" directory (MIKE 2014).
I am handling my dfs files with IronPython (creating dfs files, extracting data etc.) and it's working fine.
Posted Wed, 16 Jul 2014 08:00:00 GMT by Jaromir Jakacki
Thank you for your response,
i have installed ironpython on my os x but i am not able to install MIKE SDK 2014. I tried to do it on windows (but i have mike 2012, so the versions are inconsistent) but i have also tried to do it without mike and i was not able to install this SDK too. Could you give me advice how can i get ironpython scripts for reading dsf files without license for mike 2014 please?
thank you in advice for any help
with best regards,
jaromir

You must be signed in to post in this forum.