Posted Thu, 08 May 2008 11:44:41 GMT by gnapser
Hello together,

I'm using a automatic generated mesh (TMesh) based on triangeled elements. I would like to realize a multi layered pumping well using 2nd kind BC. Therefore I'm trying to set the edge length of the elements building my borehole to a specific equal value, e.g. 0,1m. Is there an option or tool to do that? The elements should built a polygon with equal sides nearly a circle. How can I subsequently arrange my elements in that way?

Thanks for giving help
Posted Fri, 09 May 2008 12:58:00 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala

I don't have any experience with TMesh, but could you add line add-ins to define those wells? Would that force TMesh to generate nodes and elements with the desired discretization? This is just as guess and might work, or totally blow up the mesh generation process.

Good luck, Chris
Posted Fri, 23 May 2008 09:05:19 GMT by Alexander Renz
Using the line add-ins should work to force a maximum length of the edges at the well (equal to the distance of the fix-points). However, T-Mesh might decide to set extra nodes between the fix-points, causing even smaller element sizes.

You can also use the Triangle mesh generator, which offers a function as you ahve described.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.