Posted Wed, 09 Apr 2008 19:09:53 GMT by gnapser
Hello,

I'm having trouble using a self written batch file to start FEFLOW in batch mode. Feflow Version is 5.2. Here is an example of my batch file:

C:\Programme\WASY\FEFLOW 5.2\bin\feflow.exe -run -work G:\Feflow-Data\XYZ -dac xxx.dac -exit gnapser.fem

When I start the batch file I get an error message:
"The command "C:\Programme\WASY\FEFLOW" is either written wrong or couldn't be found"

Why there is written in this error message the folder \FEFLOW and not the folder FEFLOW 5.2 which is the installation folder of FEFLOW on my PC and written in the batch file???

Please help!
Thx

Posted Wed, 09 Apr 2008 21:08:00 GMT by Loic
I think you should rename your folder "C:\Programme\WASY\FEFLOW 5.2\"
to C:\Programme\WASY\FEFLOW_5.2\ and have another go.
The error message suggests that the command name should not contain any space " ".

Good luck

Loic 
Posted Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:42:25 GMT by gnapser
Thanks Loic for your help.

I did succeed.
I quote the folder name and then it runs.
But there still was a problem and FEFLOW didn't run correct.
After houres of try and error I solved it!
It was a problem with the working directory folder structure! You have to be careful with that thing.

Posted Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:26:17 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala

Yes, if any of your folder or file names contain blanks, you need to put those in quotes ("), otherwise the command is not read correctly. I made it a habit to include those all the time, so you never run into this problem.

You also need to set up a FEMDATA folder for your FEM files, and a RESULTS folder for your DAC/DAR files. FeFlow expects these default folder structure when running in batch mode as documented in the online help.

Once you got it figured out, it's pretty neat though and opens the door to a lot of cool applications, like PEST or automated Sensitivity Analyses (SensAn).

Good luck, Chris
Posted Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:40:45 GMT by cassius
About PEST, I am trying to run a model with the IFM module of PEST loaded, but it doesn't work...is there any restrictions in launching models with IFM modules in batch mode?

I can explain better.
I am using a transient 3d flow model with the IFM module PEST 2.0.
I would like to run it in a batch mode for a faster run, writing a .dac file and a .log file (is it possible to write also the record file? .rec).

My batch code is:
"C:\Programmi\WASY\FEFLOW 6.0\bin32\feflow60c.exe" -module "C:\Programmi\WASY\FEFLOW 6.0\modules32\pest20.dll" -run -demo -work C:\ -steps steps.pow -dac PEST.dac 10_10_01_PEST.fem

(I own a license, but I'm working in demo mode because another PEST model is already running...).

As I try to run this .bat file, this screen appears:

[img width=200 height=160]http://areeweb.polito.it/ricerca/groundwater/troubles/batch_mode_PEST_error.png[/img]

What do these messages mean?

Thanks a lot,
Alessandro Casasso

You must be signed in to post in this forum.