Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2016 09:36:41 GMT by Rapheul Liu CUMT
Hi there,

Version 7.0, after a series of definitions and saves, I lost my supermesh view in the program, and what is worse, I can not find polygons, lines and points in Map pannel as well as in problem settings. This leads me directly not able to assign with [b]select by map polygons [/b]or points. Does anyone know how to recover this supermesh? It is inactive when I check the view tool. That is so strange, I did not delete any of them and in former stored fems, I could still find them and use these tools. now they are gone without any information! The help says supermesh may be by default not stored because of the 3d large model. But I do not want to rebuild it again cause my model is truely too complicated and it is time consuming. Any way to get them back?

Thanks in advance!

Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2016 09:59:42 GMT by Björn Kaiser
In the problem Settings you need to activate [b]Save Superelement mesh in FEM file[/b]. Initially, there was a bug where the checkbox was not activated by default. The bug has been already fixed. I suggest to [b]Check for Updates[/b].

Please note, that 3D Supermeshes are not stored in FEM-files. 2D Supermeshes are stored in FEM-files only. There is no way to recover the Supermesh. However, in most of the cases the Supermesh is created from Maps. You may re-create the Supermesh based on your maps.
Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2016 13:38:51 GMT by Rapheul Liu CUMT
thanks Dr. Björn, I am suffering from this bug you mentioned but this is the newest version already. The weird thing is, of the two different time spot saved fems, the earlier saved fem has such checkbox to save supermesh, while the latter has not, in the problem settings . Maybe something has been wrongly done in the latter one. Regards

You must be signed in to post in this forum.