Posted Mon, 19 May 2008 13:51:36 GMT by Christopherus Braun
Hello,

has anybody experiences of programming FEFLOW filters or IFM modules with Python?

Zebra
Posted Mon, 26 May 2008 18:31:34 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hey Zebra,

I didn't know that was possible yet. I thought, that was part of the new FeFlow 6 which won't be available for another little while from what I have been told.

What interface are you using to write IFMs in Python right now?

Chris
Posted Tue, 27 May 2008 06:41:03 GMT by Christopherus Braun
Hi Chris,

Actually I do not know whether it is yet possible or not. I think it will not work for IFM, but it may work for filter progrmming. At the moment I amthinking of writing some import/export filter. Here Python could be a "state of the art" alternative to awk.

We still use C++ (under Visual Studio) for our IFMs.

Posted Tue, 27 May 2008 17:12:14 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hey Zebra,

I use C++ myself. Isn't that "state of the art" as well? ;-)

Chris
Posted Wed, 28 May 2008 06:48:21 GMT by Christopherus Braun
I do agree with you about C++
But the awk scripts under the cygwin enviroment look a little bit "old fashioned" to me...

Posted Thu, 03 Sep 2009 08:46:17 GMT by jpalm

Hello Chris,
you are saying, that it will be possible to use python to build IFM in Feflow 6.0. Is that version about to be released? or will this take some more time??
Cheers
Joachim

[quote author=criga link=topic=426.msg983#msg983 date=1211826694]
Hey Zebra,

I didn't know that was possible yet. I thought, that was part of the new FeFlow 6 which won't be available for another little while from what I have been told.

What interface are you using to write IFMs in Python right now?

Chris
[/quote]
Posted Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:28:58 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
There will be an IFM-like Python interface in the future. However, the Python option will not be contained in version 6.0 which as about to be released in beta.
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2011 20:35:25 GMT by Jose Pedro Rebes Lima
Hello,

I am just curious about the state of this Python question. Any new? I need to learn a programming language and I was heisting with Matlab and Python, so if FEFLOW go into the python direction this would be a strong argument.

Cheers,
Robin
Posted Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:03:53 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
FEFLOW will, but still not with version 6.1.
Posted Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:53:59 GMT by Jose Pedro Rebes Lima
Thanks Peter,

Sounds good :-)

Robin
Posted Mon, 08 Sep 2014 14:50:51 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Sorry to open up an old thread once again, but the original question is still unanswered.
We've now started to take up the Python topic again. Please contact us if you're interested in beta-testing the current status of the FEFLOW-Python interface.
Posted Fri, 19 Dec 2014 06:34:46 GMT by Muler
I was long awaiting the use of Python in IFM plugin development. I am glad to try the python interface.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.