Posted Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:34:39 GMT by Peter Mock President
I'm running a transient FEFLOW model that starts from initial heads that I set through Flow data -> Flow Initials->Hydraulic Head (Database) slice by slice.  As I make changes and run the model repeatedly, I noted that the initial heads change.  To get the project done, I reset them for each model run.  Is there a way to keep initial heads fixed?
Posted Mon, 02 Feb 2009 10:57:29 GMT by Gemma
When Feflow runs, if you save the .fem after the run, it will overwrite the initial heads in the model with the final heads from the run.  To avoid this, you need to save the .fem before you run the model, but do not resave it after it has run.  You can save the results in a .dac file and then open that to view them.

Gemma
Posted Mon, 02 Feb 2009 16:49:55 GMT by Peter Mock President
Thanks, Gemma.
Posted Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:55:51 GMT by Christian Tomsu Germany
Dear PMock,

when you are vieweing your results in the dac - File, you can reassembly your initial FEM - File with the function:

Recreate > Rehash F.E . problem.

Then Feflow creates a fem - file with the initial slice definition but with the resulting heads. You can use this created fem - File as a better fitting new initial fem - File.

best regards, henilein
Posted Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:15:03 GMT by Christopherus Braun
When I do run transient FEFLOW models I normally make a copy of the initial head before I start the run. An easy method to do this is to copy it to a nodal reference distribution (from the initial head menu --> copy). So then you got all in the femfile. If you want to rerun the model yuo can go to reference distribution and copy this back to initial head.

Zebra

You must be signed in to post in this forum.