Posted Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:44:07 GMT by didga82
Hi there. I am trying to figure out the best way to deal with my contamination source polygons (shapefiles created in ArcView) which reside within the existing model area. When I attempt to convert the contam sources to a supermesh (within the map panel) the error message that my polygons are overlapping keeps popping up.
According to the FEFLOW demo exercise for v6.2 I am supposed to leave the contamination polygons untouched until step 7.2 where they are assigned mass concentrations. Seems a little strange to me.
In contrast to this however is the user manual which suggests I should split the contam source polygons (step 5.5.4)prior to converting to a supermesh. Not a process that is working for me.
Someone else also suggested importing the model area and contam sources from ArcView into FeFlow and then once in FeFlow recreating/tracing over all of the ArcView polygons using FeFlows create polygon tool. And then convert to a supermesh polygon.
Can someone please suggest the best way forward as splitting the polygons is a little tricky/impossible with the shape and number of my contam sources within my model area.
Thanks in advance.
Deeds 
Posted Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:19:08 GMT by adacovsk
Use polylines, not polygons. The polygon represents your entire model area.
Posted Sun, 20 Sep 2015 05:30:42 GMT by didga82
Within FeFlow you mean?
Thanks
Posted Mon, 21 Sep 2015 16:38:45 GMT by adacovsk
No, I'm not sure the capabilities of ArcView, but you'll need to use lines (aka polylines) instead of polygons.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.