Posted Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:38:47 GMT by chrisoula
Hello all,
In visual ModFlow, I can see from the output that there are calibration plots of calculated versus observed head and consentrations. Is there an option like that in feflow? If there isn't such an option, what is the prosedure of calibration?

Thanks
Chrisoula
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:30:29 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala

Hey Chrisoula,

there is a demo video available on WASY's web page:

How to use scatter plots for steady-state calibration?
[url=http://www.wasy.de/english/produkte/feflow/howto/video_calib.htm]http://www.wasy.de/english/produkte/feflow/howto/video_calib.htm[/url]

Check it out  ;)

Also, read "Observation single points" under "Info - Help - Glossary - R - Reference Distributions - Reference Data - Observation single points". It explains how to specify observation points in your model, and references the DAR file format where the output is stored.

Good luck, Chris
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:44:35 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
This option is only at ver 5.3.
on previous version this is more complicated and involved export to excell

Elad
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:14:22 GMT by chrisoula
I use Feflow 5.2

Thanks for your help
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:16:06 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hey Chrisoula,

as Eladd already pointed out, in version 5.2 it's a little more complicated.

The traditional way is to define observation points for your model slices (see "Info - Help - Glossary - R - Reference Distributions - Reference Data - Observation single points" for details). FeFlow will write the simulated heads for those observation points to the DAR file. The DAR file is a simple text file and you can find those exported heads at the end of the file. Copy-and-Pasting them to Excel is one option to compare them to your observed values.

All this can be automated using IFM modules, but that requires programming skills. All you need then is an input file with your observation point locations. The IFM module would read that file and write the data plus simulated heads to an output file.

At the FeFlow User Conference in Berlin last year, I gave a presentation about this and attach the paper that came with it for your information.

Good luck, Chris

You must be signed in to post in this forum.