Posted Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:42:16 GMT by Pejman
Hello All!

Anybody knows about:

1- Is the temprature dependency of thermal conductivity considered in FEFLOW. In such a case which model is considerd?

2- How does FEFLOW consider the vertical thermal dispersivity coef.?

I couldn't find anything in the documentation.

Thanks!
Pejman
Posted Thu, 22 May 2008 15:29:59 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
1 - Yes, it is. Please have a look at the 'reference temperature' section in 'Heat transport initials'. There you will find the equation from which the actual conductivitiy is calculated. Input conductivities always refer to reference temperature.
2 - FEFLOW only considers longitudinal and transverse dispersivity values. The difference between vertical and horizontal dispersivity is neglected.
Posted Tue, 02 Oct 2012 08:07:14 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
My answer above referred to hydraulic conductivity while the questions was for thermal conductivity - sorry for this. FEFLOW does not consider the dependency of thermal conductivity on temperature. The only way at the moment to consider this would be the development of a specific plug-in for FEFLOW.
Posted Mon, 10 Apr 2017 20:26:41 GMT by Matthew Simons Student
Hi Peter,

I was wondering whether there has been an update to this; is FEFLOW now capable of handling temperature dependence of thermal conductivity? And if not, do you know of a plug-in that may be able to do it?

Thanks!
Posted Tue, 11 Apr 2017 08:56:49 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
FEFLOW itself is still not. There is, however, a plug-in that we developed in collaboration with a client. We haven't completely finalized it yet in terms of testing and documentation, but I might be able to send you a preliminary version. The plug-in covers a number of different relationships for the dependency that can be applied (element by element using different relationships in the model if appropriate). As all plug-ins by DHI that are not contained in the FEFLOW installation, this will come without any warranty or liablility on the side of DHI.
Posted Tue, 11 Apr 2017 22:15:12 GMT by Matthew Simons Student
I appreciate the offer, but I don't think it will be necessary to send me the plug-in. I don't think that variations in thermal conductivity will play an important part in my models, but was just curious to see if anything had changed since 2008.
Posted Thu, 13 Apr 2017 05:30:06 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Maybe I should also add that the answer to question 2 has changed as well since 2008. FEFLOW does now support directional anisotropy in the dispersion tensor.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.