Posted Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:55:31 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
hello

I know there is a way to export centre quantities through the Flow data -> Flow materials menu. I was wondering if I could modify the K values of this file and re-import them into feflow. This way, I could process without having to work in a layer by layer  fashion... This is simply because I have to do the job for a groudwater model with over 25 heterogeneous layers...

thanks!
thomas
Posted Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:49:53 GMT by Karsten König
Hello

the data import can be handled with a import filter too. The advantage you can import all data (or whole finite element problems) on the whole and the filter can be programmed  in script languages. So you can use the Cygwin program (on the FEFLOW DVD-->Third party software) and you don't need a Microsoft compiler.

Karsten
Posted Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:05:26 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hey Thomas,

the filters Karsten mentioned sound interesting. I've never really looked into those though (I guess I try to avoid Cygwin programs too much, haha). Alternatively, you could write your own IFM Data Importer. We do this quite a bit and it works fine. You need to write and compile the C/C++ code though.

On the long run, it would certainly be nice if FeFlow had features like that incorporated into the User Interface.

Cheers, Chris.
Posted Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:50:43 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
thanks to you, criga and karsten!
unfortunately, since I can't program, I will simply do it the conventional way!!!
thomas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.