Posted Fri, 13 Mar 2020 07:27:24 GMT by truongvietchau.tnn
Hi Everyone. I want to ask about time series when import to Time series in FEFLOW. I have data annual rainfall of month of station with unit is (mm). I want to ask exactly how to convert data from mm before import to FEFLOW with set unit is mm/a. Because when i import data from .pow the value is only 0.000352 (no unit) and after assign time series for "in/out flow on top/bottom", the value show in the model is 128.6 with set unit (mm/a). And one more thing, If the total rainfall in 1 year is 1843,3 mm, when I build model with time step is 30 day, "in/out flow on top/bottom" use unit is mm/a for 30 day. After 1 year in model simulation, the total 12 step by 1843,3mm right? Thank for your answer!
Example: Help me convert data mm -> value before import to model!
Jan 128.6 mm -> ?
Feb 2.8 mm -> ?
Mar 1.6 mm -> ?
Apr 20 mm -> ?
May 9.4 mm -> ?
June 103.7 mm -> ?
July 14.0 mm -> ?
Aug 51.1 mm -> ?
Sep 235.5 mm -> ?
Oct 476.7 mm -> ?
Nov 462.0 mm -> ?
Dec 337.9 mm -> ?
Total -> ?
Posted Fri, 13 Mar 2020 07:46:24 GMT by Peter Schätzl Grundwassermodellierer
FEFLOW's internal unit for in/outflow on top/bottom is m/d (you can find all internal units in the Units section of the help system). Time series are interpreted based on the internal units, thus FEFLOW takes your values as m/d, showing them as mm/a accordingly. So you'll have to convert your time series to m/d. If you have mm/month you'd have to divide by the number of days in the month and multiply by 1000.
Posted Fri, 13 Mar 2020 10:53:34 GMT by truongvietchau.tnn
Thank you so much! I will try it and if have problem, please help me. Now i'm learning FEFLOW model and I want to know more than how the model simulation use time step. It will help me have exactly result when use this model! Best Regards!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.