Posted Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:12:24 GMT by gnapser
Hello all,

I'm trying to create a module using a published source code in visual c++ 6 as described on "www.wasy.de/de/produkte/feflow/hilfe/ifm/example_vc6.html". But every time I get an error message:

Compiling...
XYZ.c
c:\programme\wasy\feflow 5.2\src\ifm\include\ifm\graphic.h(25) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'X11/Intrinsic.h': No such file or directory
Error executing cl.exe.

Where should I find the X11 directory? What is X11? A software? Did that error occour because I'm using the operating system WinXP?

Please can anybody help me!
Thx
Posted Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:11:06 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hey Gnapser,

which programming environment are you using? Visual C++? Visual Studio .net? This problem has to do with you "include directory" settings, and depending on what software you use, this is set slightly differently.

It also depends on the version of FeFlow you're using, since starting with version 5.3 (I believe it was), the location where FeFlow saves its shared files has changed. It now supposedly uses the Vista default location for shared files :-\

In any case, you need to find the location where 'X11/Intrinsic.h' is saved first.
FOR ME, this [u]used to be [/u]
[b]"C:\Program Files\WASY\FEFLOW 5.3\sdk\ifm\include\xdk"[/b],
but in the latest version of FeFlow it [u]changed to[/u]
[b]"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\WASY FEFLOW 5.3\sdk\ifm\include\xdk"[/b].
Once you're in folder xdk, you should see a subfolder X11 and in there file "Intrinsic.h". Found it?

Now you need to specify this path (up to ...\xdk) as an "include directory":
For [b]Visual C++[/b], this is shown under "1) Add IFM include and lib paths to the VC global settings" in the documentation you mentioned (unless this has changed in a newer version of Visual C++).
In [b]Visual Studio .Net[/b] you'll find these settings under "Project - Properties - Configuration Properties - C++ - General - Additional Include Directories"

In the same way you should add the "...\WASY FEFLOW 5.3\sdk\ifm\include" directory.

The other setting you might wanna check/correct is the Library files folder. For Visual C++, see your documentation. For Visual Studio .Net go to "Project - Properties - Configuration Properties - Linker - General - Additional Library Directories". The path ends in "...\WASY\FEFLOW 5.3\sdk\ifm\lib\x86", and again depends on where FeFlow saved those shared files on your system.

Try to make those changes and compile your project again. Let me know if it works this time!

Cheers, Chris

You must be signed in to post in this forum.