Posted Thu, 05 Dec 2013 19:48:33 GMT by Mahamadou Koita
hello,
i'm a recent user of feflow. i wouldlike to know how to enter the properties of observation points. Can give me an example?
thank
Posted Fri, 06 Dec 2013 08:01:25 GMT by Julia Mayer
Hello Awan,

you can edit observation point properties manually via the Observation-point properties editor in the Observation Point toolbar or you can convert map data into observation points with reference data and confidence intervals.
For a detailed description of both options, please have a look at the FEFLOW help system > Workflows > Postprocessing > Calibration Reference.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 19:48:08 GMT by adacovsk
To expand upon this idea, try manually entering observation points then exporting them as a dat file, to understand how the data is represented in that file and edit them accordingly in text editor or spreadsheet software. The biggest issue with the dat file format is that you must maintain a specific number of characters for each column. I have a macro in Excel to export dat files properly so FEFLOW can use them, allowing me to adjust labels, confidence intervals, slice number, node, etc. to 600+ observation points easily.

If you have software to open shape files, this works too, as shape contain more than just X Y and your observation, unlike the rest of the available formats for importing/exporting.

I'm assuming this problem with importing multiple properties of observation points will be resolved with 6.2.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.