Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:48:59 GMT by gnapser
Hi,

Is it possible to assign a filter section to a multi-layered well? Otherwise should I only assign 4th kind BC to nodes (build in a multi-layered well) where the filter section is located? Is the assumtion correct that I have to assign only the bottom node a pumping rate value (adjacent slices zero)?

Thanks for your help
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:28:01 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala

Hey,

the way to specify a well in FeFlow is to assign type 4 BC's at nodes that fall within your filter (screened segment) of your well. Don't set BC's, where the well is cased.

We typically set the pumping rate at the bottom node, and 0 at all other adjacent nodes as you suggested in your posting. That way, if the upper nodes of the well start to fall dry due to the pumping, the BC value is still specified at a saturated node. Whether that is necessary for the calculations to be correct, I'm not sure, but it just adds a little bit of peace of mind. The actual pumping from the different layers along the filter will be determined during the flow simulation and is based on the transmissivities (as far as I know).

Hope that helps, Chris.
Posted Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:02:59 GMT by gnapser
Thanks a lot for your support Chris

You must be signed in to post in this forum.