Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2018 00:37:14 GMT by Bryce Teo
Hi everyone,

I have a 3D model and would like to insert an injection/recharge well that has several screened intervals.
How can I best achieve this?

Thanks
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2018 10:29:28 GMT by Sven Seifert
Hi,

a multilayer well with multiple screens needs to be splitted in multiple ones.
As per well only one screen top and screen bottom can be defined.

Please note, that overlapping or touching screen levels are not allowed.

For general assignement of multilayer wells, please refer to the Felow help "Multilayer Workflow"

Best,
Sven
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2018 07:25:09 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
In case that you really NEED to simulate one well with multiple screens (but one pump) you could use a single-node sink (Well BC) in combination with different types of discrete features (1D edge features for the screened parts, 'arbitrary' features for the closed parts). This, however, would have to be done step by step (not in the multi-layer well dialog).
Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2018 06:20:30 GMT by Cidem Argunhan Atalay
Dear BT,

did you solve the problem. I have to do same thing but I don't know how to do it. Dear Peter can you exlain the steps more detailed, please ?

Cidem
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2018 01:18:56 GMT by Bryce Teo
Thank you Sven and Peter for your suggestions. I have used Peter's approach to represent the well.

Cidem,

Each screened interval of the well can be represented by edge discrete feature elements (DFEs). This is done by selecting the edges in the model corresponding to the screens and adding it to the Discrete Features panel as an Edge Feature Element (right-click on Discrete Features heading to bring up the context menu).

The cased sections of the well are represented by arbitrary DFEs. Use the select tool with the Select Arbitrary Node Path option to select the nodes corresponding to the top and bottom of the cased section. Add it to the Discrete Features panel as an Arbitrary 1D Feature Element.
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2018 07:33:44 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Thanks for the feedback, BT, and thanks for describing the procedure for Cidem! Hope it'll work out well for both of you!
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2018 08:36:39 GMT by Cidem Argunhan Atalay
Thank you soooo much BT :)

You must be signed in to post in this forum.