Posted Wed, 13 Sep 2017 14:39:29 GMT by Cidem Argunhan Atalay
Hi, I am quite new at FEFLOW. I have some problems with generating mesh. I am using FEFLOW 7 and total element drop-down part is missing. How can I enter total element number ? Also I didn't see the target element size part. There is polygon target size I think it is not the same with target element size. Also when I chose polygons seperately and change the proposed elements there isn't any change at the number of elements.
Posted Thu, 14 Sep 2017 07:05:58 GMT by Björn Kaiser
Welcome to FEFLOW, Novice.

I attached a snapshot for indicating the location of the [b]Polygon Target Size[/b] and [b]Proposed elements[/b].
Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2017 10:33:35 GMT by Cidem Argunhan Atalay
thanks for the reply. I know the part you attached. What i see in the manuel is that I can enter total element number like in the figure. Is this changed ? And as far as i understand i need to assign mesh size differently for polygons and lines. Polygon size target means element size in the polygons, right ? However, when i change polygon target size from 5 meters to 20 meters there is no change in total element numbers, how is that possible ? And finally, when i change the mesh size or mesh type, all the selection (like boundaries or polygons that represents the certain formation) that I have made is cancelled, right ? Is it possible to lock these selections even the mesh size changes ?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.