Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 14:42:01 GMT by Thomas O.
Hello Feflow Users,
When I smooth the mesh of my current model, everything dissapears. No more features such as geometries or data that are selected (box ticked) in the view components panel are seen in the Slice or Cross-Section View. All I am left with is the outer shell of the model (see attachment).
Anyone experienced this before?
Any solutions?
Thanks
T
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 15:42:09 GMT by Thomas O.
Hi again
I think I found a part of the problem.
I have inactive elements in the mesh and Feflow will not let me smooth the mesh if nodes from these inactive elements are selected. I can refine everywhere else in the mesh but as soon as one of these nodes is selected, the element disappears after I hit the smooth button.
The funny thing is I tried to reproduce this behavior in another FEM file (totaly different mesh and project). I set a patch of elements to inactive and tried to smooth the mesh and... it worked.
Don't ask me why!
Anyway - thought it may help someone in the future.
Thanks
T
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 08:15:28 GMT by Julia Mayer
Hi Thomas,

thank you for reporting this issue. I have run several tests with different models but was not able to reproduce this behavior. If possible could you send us the file that the problem occurred with to mikebydhi.de@dhigroup.com so that we can have a look at what might be causing this issue?

Thank you and best regards,
Julia
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 14:01:30 GMT by Thomas O.
Hi Julia,
will do.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Thomas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.