Posted Fri, 08 Jun 2018 00:27:23 GMT by Alex Costall PhD Student
Hi all,

I'm unable to export the hydraulic conductivity distribution from my models.

I expected this to work in the same manner as exporting mass concentration (or any other 'process variable') but trying to export the conductivity results in FEFLOW taking an absurd amount of time and generates enormous files.

I just want to plot the values external to FEFLOW.

The error from "Export data --> All elements --> as center" is:
"Table "F:\(exported filename): Conversion failure RecNo 10000000, Item "Id" (Type i -> l)"
Posted Fri, 08 Jun 2018 14:59:18 GMT by Hugo Ninanya Geomechanics Engineer
Hi,

Have you verified the number of elements that you have in your model? If the number of elements of your model is greater than the number of rows of the sheet file, you will obtain an error.
Maybe, you can try to export a part of your model, then, you will know if the problem is due to sheet file.

good luck.
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2018 01:18:02 GMT by Alex Costall PhD Student
Not sure what you mean by 'sheet' here, hninanya. There is no 'sheet file' pre-existing and I expect the exported file to contain all of the rows.

It's a very simple task for most of the other exportable values, but for some reason the conductivity blows out.
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2018 06:12:54 GMT by Alex Costall PhD Student
I've solved this issue.

If you try to export the hydraulic conductivity values from a *.DAC, it will fail.

If you open the corresponding *.FEM file, which we assume the conductivities will be the same for, the export will function normally.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.