Posted Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:21:19 GMT by dressler1
Helllo....again,

I understand that longitudinal dispersivity is dispersivity along mass flux direction, but I dont understand how to calculate this value. The manual states that it is scale dependent, but the equation they use is rather perplexing. Any help in the calculation of this value would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

drew dressler
Posted Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:22:05 GMT by Flemming Christensen Fagleder for Rambøll Hydraulikgruppe
The dispersivities are scale dependent and you can make a start-estimate from ex. from Gelhar 1995 (see figure) or do a calibration against some breakthrough curves.
If you don’t have breakthrough curves, than you should do some sensitivity analysis of the parameters

Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:11:39 GMT by dressler1
Thanks for your help "fdc"
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2020 06:44:15 GMT by Razi Sadath P V Senior Research Fellow
Scale means, total with of model? or size of elements. my model area is around 1000km2 area. i should put single dispersion value for entire or increasing disperion value from sea boundary to other side of model?
Posted Wed, 04 Mar 2020 08:31:11 GMT by Peter Schätzl Grundwassermodellierer
'Scale' means scale of the transport phenomenon you're dealing with. In case of a contaminant plume, this is pretty clear... When simulating concentrations of widely distributed substances, though, it gets fuzzy.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.