Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:29:38 GMT by Shane Wilkes
Can someone tell me what angle is used in the axisymmetric formulation of a 2D model in Feflow.  is it 1 degree (or something else).

Thanks
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:32:42 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
It is 360 degrees, i.e., the full circle.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 17:05:03 GMT by zhengq
Hi Peter,

The paragraph below is extracted from FEFLOE Help files:

[b]In 2D horizontal unconfined and cross-sectional models, the flux boundary condition has the unit [L/T], defining an inflow of water across an area in a certain time: [L³/(L1*L2*T)]. Here, L1 is taken from the length of the line the condition is applied to, while ........ For cross-sectional models, L2 is assumed at unit length (1 m).[/b]

My question is:
1. Is L2 assumed at unit length (1m) for both 2D vertical plannar and vertical axisymmetric model? Then what do you mean by FEFLOW is formulated for 360 degrees?
2. After run the model, you click on rate budget, and get a value like 100 m3/day. Is this number for unit length at L2 direction for both 2D vertical plannar and vertical axisymmetric model?

Thanks a lot.

Quinn 
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:54:26 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hi Quinn,

You're right that this point is not perfectly clear in the help system. I've now added the following paragraph (for the upcoming version 6.2):

[color=green]In 2D axisymmetric models, the flux boundary condition has the unit [L/T] as well. In contrast to the cross-sectional case, L2 represents the circumference, i.e. the local horizontal coordinate x multiplied with 2 and Pi. [/color]

I hope this will help to clarify the question.

Peter

You must be signed in to post in this forum.